If you need more details about these jobs, please email us for more information.
The City of Guntersville is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in offering a rewarding work environment. Please print the PDF job application form and follow the instructions to apply for a position. These listings are updated regularly. If there are no current openings in your area of interest, please check back at a later time.
Date Posted: 2016-07-20
Job Title: Laborer
Department: Sanitation Department
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt (Grade 7: $10.54-$15.38)
Announcement No.: 16-19
Announcement Date: July 21, 2016
Closing Date: August 4, 2016
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Laborer with the Sanitation Department. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Collects garbage from residential and commercial containers.
2. Assist in emptying filled sanitation trucks.
3. Collects recyclables, sorts, and prepares for shipping
4. Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Some knowledge of equipment used in sanitation work.
2. Ability to understand and follow simple oral & written instructions.
3. Ability to operate simple machinery.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the general public, supervisors, and co-workers while performing tasks with courtesy and tact.
5. Ability to work overtime hours when necessary
1. Possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with driving record suitable for insurability.
1. Sufficient physical strength to lift at least 50 pounds and carry it to the truck, ability to walk 8 hours a day.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 on August 4, 2016.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY