If you need more details about these jobs, please email us for more information.
The City of Guntersville is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in offering a rewarding work environment. Please print the PDF job application form and follow the instructions to apply for a position. These listings are updated regularly. If there are no current openings in your area of interest, please check back at a later time.
Ordinance Enforcement Officer
Date Posted: 2014-07-14
Job Title: Ordinance Enforcement Officer
Shift: 1st , M-F
Date Posted : July 14, 2014
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Ordinance Enforcement Officer. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Enforcement of sections and sub sections of City ordinances as it pertains to sale of alcohol, tobacco, lodging, personal property rental, litter, weed control, inoperable vehicles, nuisance and abatement.
- Issue verbal and written warnings for ordinance violations.
- Issue written citations for ordinance violations.
- Check businesses as needed to ensure compliance with and obtaining current and up to date Business License.
- Work with Municipal Court and Police Department to obtain and serve arrest warrants on non-compliant individuals as needed.
- Provide a citizen service by responding to and investigating complaints of potential violations from the public and City staff.
Requirements for this position include:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s License.
- APOST Certified.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in law enforcement.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must have good written or oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully, courteous and helpful with the citizens of Guntersville
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until close of business on Friday July 25, 2014.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY