If you need more details about these jobs, please email us for more information.
The City of Guntersville is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in offering a rewarding work environment. Please print the PDF job application form and follow the instructions to apply for a position. These listings are updated regularly. If there are no current openings in your area of interest, please check back at a later time.
Date Posted: 2014-09-29
Department: Police Department
Grade: 5 PS
Job Title: Police Officer
Department: Police Dept.
Grade 5: Public Safety Pay scale
Date Posted : Sept. 29, 2014
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Certified Police Officer. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Protect lives and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Patrols a designated area of the city to preserve law and order.
- Answers calls and complaints involving fire, automobile accidents, robberies, and other misdemeanors and felonies.
- Conducts preliminary investigations, gathers evidence, obtains witnesses, makes arrest and takes prisoners to jail.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as intoxilizer machine, mobile or base two-way radio, traffic radar unit and other assigned equipment.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times.
Requirements for this position include:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s License and driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Possess knowledge of the geography of the city.
- Skilled in the use and care of firearms and other assigned law enforcement equipment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to enforce the law with firmness, tact, and impartiality.
- Must possess a State of AL Peace Officers Law Enforcement Certification or obtain a lateral academy (APOST) Certification at the earliest opportunity.
Application may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until close of business Friday Oct. 10, 2014.