If you need more details about these jobs, please email us for more information.
The City of Guntersville is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in offering a rewarding work environment. Please print the PDF job application form and follow the instructions to apply for a position. These listings are updated regularly. If there are no current openings in your area of interest, please check back at a later time.
Adult Services Librarian
Date Posted: 2015-08-27
Job Title: Adult Services Librarian
Announcement No.: 15-17
Announcement Date: August 27, 2015
Closing Date: September 9, 2015
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for an Adult Services Librarian in the Municipal Library System. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to library users in the adult section of the library.
- Responsible for collection development for all adult collections; genealogy, and local history.
- Identify and implement strategies to maximize the effective use of existing resources to meet the needs of adult library users and library personnel.
- Plan and provide library programs for adults within our community.
- Provide Interlibrary Loan to users of library and regularly update the library’s resources on OCLC.
- Responsible for content for adult users on the Library’s website.
- Provide technology training and support to the library staff and users.
- Maintains library statistics of circulation, computer usage, and program participation.
- Cooperate positively and productively with library staff, city employees, community agencies and the general public to fulfill the Library’s Mission Statement: “This is the public’s Library. It is an essential force in the educational, recreational, and cultural life of our community. Well trained, courteous library staff provides accurate information, exceptional programs, quality collections and outstanding service to our community.”
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of public libraries.
- Knowledge of genealogy sources, standards, and practices or the willingness to become knowledgeable.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems, software packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher), social media uses for libraries, digital content and networking basics.
- Thorough knowledge of information formats, delivery methods, and reading materials for adults.
- Ability to establish and maintain cordial and effective working relationships with staff, city government, library users, and our community.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, adults, children and teens effectively to further the mission of the Library.
- Ability to plan, implement, publicize and evaluate material and services for adults.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes night and weekend work.
- Ability to lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 50 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 25 pounds, to stand for at least an hour at a time, and to reach heights of 72 inches on a frequent basis.
- Skill in using a computer and related software.
- Skill in providing excellent customer service.
- Skill in interpersonal communication with coworkers, supervisors and patrons sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Masters of Library and Information Studies Degree from an American Library Association accredited program. Will consider persons enrolled in the required degree.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until close of business on September 9, 2015
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY