If you need more details about these jobs, please email us for more information.
The City of Guntersville is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in offering a rewarding work environment. Please print the PDF job application form and follow the instructions to apply for a position. These listings are updated regularly. If there are no current openings in your area of interest, please check back at a later time.
Date Posted: 2014-10-21
Department: Police Department
Grade: 2 PS
Job Title: Communications Officer (Dispatcher)
Department: Police Dept.
Pay Grade: 2 (PS pay scale)
Pay Range: $10.79 - $15.75
Announcement Date: Oct. 21, 2014
Closing Date: Nov. 4, 2014
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Communications Officer with the Police Department. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and documenting all calls for service for the Police Department from the public and relaying the information to the appropriate source for assistance.
- Works with CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch), telephones, radios, recording equipment, etc.
- Assist Jailer as needed.
Requirements for this position include:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Ability to handle multi-tasks.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to achieve and maintain NCIC certification.
- Skilled in the operation of computers and electronic data processing.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to be helpful, courteous, and deal tactfully with the citizens of Guntersville.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- 1 year experience in dispatching preferred.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until close of business on Tues. Nov. 4, 2014.
Date Posted: 2014-10-22
Department: Fire Department
Job Title: Firefighter/EMT
Department: Fire Department
Shift: 24 hour, 1 on 2 off rotation
Classification: Hour, Non-Exempt
Announcement Date: October 22, 2014
Closing Date: November 5, 2014
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Firefighter for Guntersville Fire & Rescue. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Perform the duties of a fire fighter and EMT-B. Primary team member to respond to medical emergencies and administers basic life support as required in medical emergencies and fire and rescue responses. Perform hose deployments, vehicle relay, pump and possible ladder operations. Enter burning structures to rescue personnel and administer emergency first aid/cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Shut off building utilities, evacuate personnel from buildings, protect personnel and equipment from fire exposures, and operate tools/equipment. Perform inspections and operator maintenance on firefighting vehicles, tools, equipment, specialized protective clothing, and fire hydrants. Inspect, maintain, service, repair, and test portable fire extinguisher systems and parts. Respond to hazardous materials incidents and perform containment operations to the level certified. Participate in practice drills and training.
Specific knowledge, skill, ability, requirement:
Ability to quickly perform all functions in difficult and hazardous situations, without hesitation, with direction from superiors. Ability to comprehend and apply instructions, and communicate information in a clear and concise manner. Ability to respond to potentially dangerous situations and make quick and sound decisions. Ability to perform physically demanding work and withstand very hazardous conditions. Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
1. Valid unrestricted Drivers License
2. At least 18 years of age on the date of application
3. High school diploma or equivalent
4. Must not have been convicted of any serious misdemeanors; must not have been convicted of a felony.
5. ProBoard, or International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) certification for Fire Fighter I
1. Possess current Firefighter I certification from the Alabama Fire College (AFC) or a current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) from approved AFC test location.
2. Associate’s or higher-level degree from an accredited college or
3. Prior firefighting experience
All applicants shall be required to meet the minimum standards set forth by the Alabama Fire College and Personnel Standards Commission, NFPA1001 entrance qualifications and the Code of Alabama for application. If hired, the candidate will be required to successfully complete and maintain training set forth by the previous mentioned bodies to maintain employment, it include Basic Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) through the Alabama Department of Public Health, Office of EMS and Trauma.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until of close of business on Wednesday November 5, 2014