If you need more details about these jobs, please email us for more information.
The City of Guntersville is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in offering a rewarding work environment. Please print the PDF job application form and follow the instructions to apply for a position. These listings are updated regularly. If there are no current openings in your area of interest, please check back at a later time.
Aquatics and Program Supervisor
Date Posted: 2017-01-26
Department: Parks and Recreation
Job Title: Aquatics and Program Supervisor
Department: Parks & Recreation
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Announcement No.: 17-05
Announcement Date: February 10, 2017
Closing Date: March 3, 2017
The City of Guntersville currently has openings for an Aquatics and Program Supervisor at the Guntersville Parks and Recreation Center. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Directs and coordinates City-wide aquatics program including pool operations and maintenance; ensures compliance with Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, codes, standards, policies and procedure.
2. Recruits, interviews and makes recommendation of hiring of seasonal employees; plans, assigns, schedules and monitors the work of seasonal employees; maintains records of employee’ time worked.
3. Coordinates and facilitates training and certification courses related to lifeguarding, CPR, first aid, aquatics standards, aquatic emergency procedures and other related items.
4. Coordinates and facilitates new hire orientation to include pool and maintenance policy and procedures and City Policy Handbook.
5. Monitors aquatics facilities for potential safety hazards and to ensure patrons comply with applicable facility rules.
6. Oversees and coordinates facility maintenance activities which includes reporting required maintenance and repairs; submitting work orders; coordinating and scheduling maintenance activities, while minimizing down time of pool.
7. Manages or coaches Guntersville Swim Team; works closely with swim team parent association.
8. Plan, schedules, implements and oversees programs and special events; secures and oversees volunteers and sponsors for special events and activities.
9. Prepares event budgets; prepares marketing and promotional items; registers participants; monitors process of events, collects fees; purchases supplies and performs other related activities.
10. Creates and disseminates promotional materials for aquatic programs and events including brochures, posters and flyers.
11. Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees and/or other related groups in order to receive and convey information.
12. Performs a variety of general administrative activities in support of department operations which include answering phones; maintaining and ordering supplies and/or performing other related activities.
13. Responds to request for information, concerns or complaints regarding aquatic facility programs and operations.
14. Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of the functions of motors, pumps, filter, chemical feeders, chlorinators, and related aquatic equipment.
2. Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of swimming pools.
3. Knowledge of the health and safety standards and practices which relate to the operation of public pools including the handling of hazardous pool chemicals.
4. Knowledge of principles and practices and application of lifesaving and first aid techniques.
5. Knowledge of the necessary methods and techniques of planning recreation programs and activities.
6. Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws, ordinances, codes, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures pertaining to physical activities, disabilities, the aging and related groups.
7. Skilled in monitoring and evaluating subordinate staff; prioritizing and assigning work.
8. Skilled in providing customer service and public relations.
9. Skilled in developing and implementing aquatic programs and activities; facilitating training and certification sessions.
10. Skilled in planning, organizing and conducting special events.
11. Skilled in the use of a computer and applicable software.
12. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with general public, supervisors, co-workers and those contacted n the course of work.
13. Ability to Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
14. Ability to develop and administer recreation services suited to the needs of the community.
15. Ability to delegate tasks to subordinate personnel and ensure that the task are completed appropriately and in a timely manner.
16. Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
17. Ability to perform essential functions of job.
1. Any combination of training and experience equivalent to extensive experience of a progressively responsible nature in organized recreational activities and graduations from a senior high school or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited college or university with the major field of study in physical education, recreational administration or related field preferred.
2. Possess Pool Operators Certification or obtain within six months of employment.
3. Possess a valid State of Alabama Driver’s License with driving record suitable for insurability.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM on March 3, 2017.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPL