If you need more details about these jobs, please email us for more information.
The City of Guntersville is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in offering a rewarding work environment. Please print the PDF job application form and follow the instructions to apply for a position. These listings are updated regularly. If there are no current openings in your area of interest, please check back at a later time.
Date Posted: 2015-01-27
Department: Police Department
Job Title: Detention Officer (Jailer)
Department: Police Dept.
Announcement Date: January 27, 2015
Closing Date: February 6, 2015
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Detention Officer. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains booking sheet/log on all prisoners.
- Monitors prisoners and maintains order in City jail as needed.
- Responsible for receiving and safekeeping of prisoner’s personal effects.
- Assist in feeding and providing medical attention to prisoners.
Requirements for this position include:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, emergency or highly emotional situations.
- Ability to deal firmly and tactfully with prisoners and the general public.
- Must have good written or oral communication skills.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until close of business on Friday Feb. 6, 2015.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY