The festival and events calendar for Guntersville is full and varied. January starts things off with an Eagle Awareness program at Lake Guntersville State Park, a perfect spot to witness the comeback of this proud American symbol. St. Patrick’s Day sports the Wild Irish Run, a highly-regarded regional 10K event.
Each week during the summer the Mountain Valley Arts Council stages a free concert by the lake, and the city lights up the 4th of July with a stunning over-the-lake fireworks display. And in the year’s grand finale, the city celebrates with a Boat Parade of Lights for a unique holiday experience.
- 4 Tuesday
- Oct. 4 Run-Off Election Day for Council District 1
- 15 Saturday
- Half Marathon Race ~ Civitan Park
- 25 Tuesday
- National Planting Day Event
- 29 Saturday
- Pink Pumpkin Run ~ Civitan Park
- 21 Thursday
- Boat Races Return to Lake Guntersville